Is this your first baby? Or maybe you are a pro and preparing to bring home another new addition to the family. Either way, we at Rest Assured are here to help ease your transition throughout the beginning stages of this new chapter. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should consider a night nurse:
- Create and implement a schedule. A new baby in the house means you will need to recreate your normal routine. Our night nurses will help create a schedule for you and your family, but they will also ensure that the right plan is implemented. Many of our families choose to use the Moms on Call schedule (link to Moms on Call). While we are not Moms on Call consultants, we are very familiar with the philosophy and can help you to implement it, or any schedule you choose.
- A night nurse will allow time for you to reconnect with your partner. Often times when there is a new baby, we lose sight of the relationship with our partners and making time for each other is just as important. When the night nurse is there, you and your partner will be able to spend quality time together so you don’t neglect the importance of your relationship.
- As a new mother, taking care of yourself is extremely important. Lack of sleep can lead to postpartum depression as well as low milk supply. Making sure you are at your best for your new baby needs to be one of your top priorities.
- Having a night nurse for lactation support is extremely beneficial. The nurse will be available to assist with your breastfeeding needs – including tasks like cleaning the pump after use so you can go right back to sleep. The nurse will also be able to provide tips and advice should you need any throughout the night.
- Rest Assured also offers a Baby Nurse Registry. Baby showers are great for the material needs, but what if all you really want during your first few weeks is sleep and an extra set of hands throughout the night? Our Baby Nurse Registry program allows your family and friends to contribute to you having a night nurse when you first bring your baby home!
All of our night nurses are licensed RNs so you can rest assured that your baby is well taken care of. For more information, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 770-580-3023